Kit for self assembly
If you want the most affordable high performance windvane self steering and don't mind putting in some work, this is the self steering system for you.
This product is no longer in stock
|Weight||About 10 kgs/22 Lbs|
|Mounting system||Upper mounting tubes at 90 degree angle, 30 degrees paid option|
|Upper mounting tube angle||90 degrees as standard, other angles optional extra|
|Upside Down Windvane||Standard, with super easy engage/disengage|
|Mast||Glass fiber/epoxy, unfinished|
|Bearings||Acetal/glass ball bearings|
|Pendulum rudder||Pre fabricated plywood, requires building with epoxy|
|Overload protection on pendulum rudder||Standard, releases completely|
|Pre-assembled||Only if that saves time in packaging|
|Estimated assembly or build time||20-40 hours|
|Warranty||2 years on parts (except pendulum rudder), no "It will steer your boat" guarantee|
|Availability||Accepting orders for delivery in November 2021|
|Extended vanebase||Standard distance 200 mm|
This is Y&B as a kit.
To achieve the lowest purchase price, all the time consuming tasks are performed by yourself:
- Build the pendulum rudder from provided preshaped plywood and carbon fiber tube using epoxy (4-8 hours of work + curing time)
- Paint the glass fiber mast, pendulum arm (optional) and the self made pendulum rudder blade (required)
- Finish all parts to remove rough edges (2-4 hours)
- Pasivate all stainless steel parts with cytric acid (2-4 hours + waiting time)
- Assemble ( 4-8 hours)
Materials and parts
- Standard Epoxy (quantity yet unknown)
- citric acid
- paint, suitable for painting over epoxy.
- spectra dyneema for steering lines
- guide blocks for most boats
- Extra mounting tube for some transoms
After completion this system is identical to Y&B, except for the pendulum rudder and the finish you added.